Multitudes provides automated analytics & coaching to unlock inclusive, high-performing teams. We measure teamwork & inclusion from the software tools that teams already use to collaborate at work. We are in an alpha stage with active users & paying customers, and at the end of last year we raised a $2.4M NZD seed round of investment led by Blackbird VC. We are now expanding our team to build the next stage of our beautiful, data-driven product.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a backend developer to help us accelerate the delivery of our analytics dashboard. You’ll work on the core business logic of our APIs to surface data to our customers as well as help to build up other backend architecture as required. Our ideal candidate is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion at work, and excited about supporting our bigger mission – making equity the default at work.
What you’ll do
- Develop our Typescript-based APIs and backend applications
- Ensure best practices are followed with regard to development, deployment, and testing APIs and their peripherals
- Understand the needs of designers, developers, and our users to create a delightful software application
- Assist with and contribute to other work across the team as needed
Live our values:
- See and shape the system: We are laser-focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to bringing lasting impact through systems change.
- Better together: People are at the core of what we do, so we want to be supportive, open, and human about how we interact with each other and our customers. We know that we are better when we work as a team.
- Deliver delight: We care about delivering on our goals – and we want to do it in a way that’s fun and delightful, for us, our customers, and other stakeholders.
- Grow like a tree: We want to grow our people, product, and company/customers in a way that is sustainable, in all senses of the word.
- Experience in building backend APIs for web applications.
- Knowledge of REST APIs, their design and what powers them (e.g. postgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Creative, adaptable, and eager to learn
Nice to have
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers
- Knowledge of CI/CD frameworks and concepts (e.g., TeamCity, Concourse, CircleCI)
- Knowledge of frameworks like NestJS, TypeORM or similar
- Knowledge of testing frameworks (e.g. jest, Testing-Library, MochaJS, Puppeteer, Jasmine)
- Experience with Github and/or Slack APIs
What we provide
- Flexible working conditions with remote work options
- Supportive, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion – our team has regular workshops and discussions as part of our ongoing growth and learning in this area
- Opportunity to be a part of an early-stage startup that’s dedicated to making equity the default at work
- Occasional board games 💖